- Research Scholar, Tuck School of Business, 2015–present
- Visiting Scholar, MIT, Sloan School of Management, 2016–present
- Curriculum Specialist, Master of Health Care Delivery Science Program, Dartmouth College, 2016–present
- Lecturer of Accounting, Victoria Business School, University of Wellington, 2013–16
- Visiting Scholar, Columbia Business School, Columbia University, 2013–14
- Credit Analyst (SME), ProCredit Romania, 2008
- Junior Relationship Manager (SME-micro), Raiffeisen Bank, Romania, 2007
- Insurance Trainee, Assicurazioni Generali Italy, 2007
Ad hoc reviewer
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics
- Review of Economics and Business Studies
- PhD, University of Padua (Italy), 2012
- BA, University Alexandru Ioan Cuza (Romania), 2008
- BS, Grigore-Ghica Voda (Romania), 2008;
- CPA, Australia
Research and Teaching Interests
Research: Corporate Disclosure, Capital Markets, Intangibles, Biotech industry, Innovation, Audit quality, Competition, Analysts’ forecasts.
Teaching: Financial Accounting, Security Valuation, Corporate Finance.
- With A. Srivastava, "Should Intangible Investments Be Reported Separately or Commingled with Operating Expenses? New Evidence," Management Science, forthcoming
- With A. Lanzavecchia, “What Drives a Long-Term Relationship in Microcredit? Insights from a Cambodian Microfinance Institution,” CAGTR Series, Victoria University of Wellington, March 2013
- With A. Parbonetti, “Corporate Governance. Product-Related Voluntary Disclosure and Analysts’ Forecasts Properties,” Financial Accounting eJournal, 47(5), 2013
- With R. Ajayi and S. Mehdian, “Resolution of Financial Distress: A Comparative Analysis of U.S., U.K., and Japanese Firms,” Review of Economics and Business Studies, 5(2), 2012
- With E. Riedl and L. Li, "The Strategic Role of Disclosure: Evidence from the Biotech Industry"
- With D. Aobdia and A. Srivastava, “Is the Auditing Industry Becoming a Tighter or Looser Oligopoly?” revise and resubmit
- With A. Parbonetti and A. Srivastava, "Professional Backgrounds of the Outside Directors and Firms' Voluntary Disclosures: Evidence from Biotechnology Firms," revise and resubmit
- With E.G. Meca, “Board Composition and Accounting Conservatism: The Role of Business Experts, Support Specialists, and Community Influentials,” under review
- With A. Parbonetti, “Corporate Governance, Product-Related Voluntary Disclosure and Analysts’ Forecasts Properties”
Work in Progress
- With Phil Stocken, "Accruals and Investor Information Overload"
- Presented the research proposal at Harvard Business School, December 2016
- With Edwige Cheynel, "A Non-Parametric Structural Estimator Model for the Implied Costs of Disclosure in the Biotech Industry”
- With Jae Bum Kim, "Managers’ Pay Duration and Disclosures of Firm Proprietary Information"
- With Hila Fogel-Yaari, "Textual Disclosure and Managerial Myopia: Signaling Innovation to Reduce the Pressure to Meet Short-Term Goals"
- With Khaled Hussainey, "Board expertise, proprietary disclosures and firm performance”
- With Tony van Zijl, "Voluntary Disclosure, Corporate Governance, and the Cost of Equity Capital"
Grants, Scholarships, and Awards
- 2013-2014: Victoria University of Wellington Research Establishment Grant of $10,000.
- 2013-2014: AFAANZ Research Grant, AUD$5,500 offered by the Australian Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand.
- 2012: EIASM Best Junior Contribution to the Development of Intangibles and IC Theory and Practice- Mention d’Honneur, Grenoble, France.
- 2009-2012: Italian Ministry of University and Research (MIUR), 3-year Ph.D scholarship of €48,960. 2011: University of Padua (Italy) scholarship for visiting Ph.D Scholar at the University of Michigan-Flint. 2007: Erasmus Scholarship awarded by the European Union for the spring term of the academic year 2007 at the University of Perugia, Italy.
- 2008: Scholarship for Academic Excellence awarded by the University Alexandru Ioan Cuza, Romania. 2005-2007: Faculty of Economics and Business Studies Scholarship for meritorious performance awarded by University Alexandru Ioan Cuza, Romania.
- 2006: Selected out of 10,000 students for the Romanian National Finance Olympiad.
Conference Presentations and Participation
- American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, presenter, discussant and moderator, 2012-2016
- European Accounting Association Annual Congress, presenter, discussant and moderator, 2015, 2016
- Temple University Accounting Conference, presenter, 2015
- Indian School of Business Accounting Conference, discussant, 2015
- Doctoral Summer Workshop in Empirical Accounting Research, WHU, Germany, presenter, 2012
- European Financial Management Association, presenter and discussant, 2016
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Annual, presenter, discussant and moderator, 2012
- International Conference of Globalization and Higher Education in Economics and Business Administration, Romania, presenter and discussant, 2011
- EIASM Interdisciplinary workshop on Intangibles, Intellectual Capital & Extra-Financial Financial Information, France, presenter, 2012
- EIASM Workshop on Corporate Governance, Belgium, presenter, 2012
- International Conference on Improving Financial Institutions: the proper balance Regulation and governance, Finland, discussant, 2012
- Accounting and Finance Inaugural Conference Journal, presenter, 2013
- Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Governance, New Zealand, presenter, 2013
- Workshop on Roles, Composition and Functions of the Board Members, discussant, 2011
Presentations and Seminars
- London School of Economics and Political Sciences, United Kingdom, 2013
- University of Calgary, Canada, 2016
- Temple University, US, 2013
- University of Padova, Italy, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2012
- Massey University, New Zealand, 2013
- University of Michigan—Flint, 2012
- WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany, 2012
- Dartmouth College, Master of Heath Care Delivery Science
Co-teach the Finance course (2016)
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Financial Statement Analysis (2013)*
Advanced Financial Accounting (2013)
*Third-year electives for the award of undergraduate degree