- Ph.D., Marketing, The Florida State University
- M.B.A., Marketing, Michigan State University
- B.A., Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management, Michigan State University.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College, August 2008 to Present
- Research Faculty, Center for Digital Strategies, Tuck School of Business, October 2015 to Present
- Faculty Director, Tuck Business Bridge Program, Tuck School of Business, March 2011 to October 2015
- Visiting Scholar, INSEAD-Singapore, August 2012 to August 2013
- Research Scholar, Tuck School of Business, July 2002 to Present
- Visiting Professor, Solvay Business School, Brussels, Belgium, Summer 2004
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Tuck School of Business, September 2000 to June 2002
- Research Director for Interactive Marketing, Tuck School of Business, September 2000 to June 2002
- Assistant Professor, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University, September 1998 to June 2002
- Assistant Professor (by courtesy), J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, August 1999 to June 2000
- Assistant Professor, Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia, September 1995 to August 1998
Honors and Awards
- Overall Best Conference Paper, 2012 American Marketing Association’s Winter Educators Conference, Tampa, FL.
- Best paper in the Social Responsibility, Sustainability, and Marketing track, 2012 American Marketing Association’s Winter Educators Conference, Tampa, FL.
- “Dux Femina Facti” Award” for Outstanding Woman Leader, Business Bridge Program, 2008.
- Honored Guest and Keynote Speaker, Marketing Doctoral Student Association, Ph.D. Project, August 2007.
- 2007 Davidson Honorable Mention Award for the Best Paper in Journal of Retailing, 2005.
- European Applied Business Research Conference, Italy. Best Paper Award Recipient, 2003
- 2002 Cornell Quarterly Best Paper Award Finalist for all papers published in the Journal in 2002.
- Lilly Teaching Fellowship Recipient, The University of Georgia, 1996-1998.
- Advertising Education Foundation Visiting Professor at Avrett, Free and Ginsberg Advertising Agency, New York, Summer 1997.
- Florida Education Fund McKnight Doctoral Fellowship Recipient, 1992-1995.
- Ford Motor Company MBA Scholarship Recipient, 1989-1990.
- NBMBA Association Scholarship Recipient, 1989.
- Promotion Marketing Association Research Grant Recipient, 1999, 2000, 2001.
- UGA Center for Marketing Studies Summer Research Grant Recipient, 1998.
- UGA Office of the Vice President for Research Competitive Faculty Research Grant Recipient, 1998.
- Marriott Corporation Research Grant Recipient, 1994.
- Florida State University, College of Business, Dean’s Office, Dissertation Grant Recipient, 1994.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Good Beginnings of the Upper Valley (2013-Present)
- ASCENT Leading Multicultural Women to the Top (2008 (founding member) – 2012)
Editorial Review Board
- Journal of Service Management 2005-2014
Ad Hoc Reviewer
- International Journal of Hospitality Management
- Journal of Services Marketing Special Issue on Promotion of Services 2001
- American Marketing Association 2001 Summer Educators Conference
- American Marketing Association 2001 Winter Educators Conference
- Academy of Marketing Science 2000 National Conference
- American Marketing Association 1999 Summer Educators Conference
- Services Marketing, Second Edition by Valarie Zeithaml and Mary Jo Bitner
- Academy of Marketing Science 1998 National Conference
- International Journal of Service Industries Management 1997
- American Marketing Association 1996 Summer Educators Conference
- 2001 SERVSIG International Conference
- 2000 Frontiers in Services Conference
- 1999 Frontiers in Services Conference
- SERVSIG’s 2000 New Faculty and Doctoral Student Consortium
- 1999 KPMG Foundation Marketing Doctoral Student Association Annual Conference
Panelist KPMG - Ph.D. Project Conference
- 2000 Marketing Faculty Breakout Session
- 1998 Marketing Faculty Breakout Session
- 1997 Marketing Faculty Breakout Session
- 1996 Marketing Faculty Breakout Session
- 1995 The Ph.D. - Investment or Sacrifice
- 1994 Student Survival Skills
Planning Committee Member
- 2001-2005 KPMG Peat Marwick Foundation Marketing Doctoral Student Association Annual Conference
- 1997 & 1998 KPMG Peat Marwick Foundation Marketing Doctoral Student Association Annual Conference
- Marketing Doctoral Student Association Conference 2001-2008, 2014
- 1998 Advertising Education Foundation Visiting Professor Program
- American Marketing Association
- Marketing Ethnic Faculty Association
- Advertising Women of New York
- Director of Outpatient Psychiatric Program, Southwest Detroit Hospital, Detroit Michigan, 1988-1989
- Management Rotational Associate, Westin Hotels and Resorts Corporation, The Westin St. Francis Hotel, San Francisco, CA, 1987-1988