- With A. Paley and S. Tully, "Too Constrained to Converse: The Effect of Financial Constraints on Word-of-Mouth," Journal of Consumer Research, forthcoming
- With S. Tully, "Context-Dependent Drivers of Discretionary Debt Decisions: Explaining Willingness to Borrow for Experiential Purchases," Journal of Consumer Research, 44(5), 2018
- With P. Keller, "A Penny Saved is Not a Penny Earned: When Decisions to Earn and Save Compete for Consumer Resources," Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, 2(1), 2017
- With V. Morwitz, “Saving the Masses: The Impact of Perceived Efficacy on Charitable Giving to Single vs. Multiple Beneficiaries,” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 135, 2016
- With A. Sussman and A. Alter, “Framing Charitable Donations as Exceptional Expenses Increases Giving,” Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 2015
- With N. Mazar, A. Alter, and D. Ariely, “Financial Deprivation Selectively Shifts Moral Standards and Compromises Moral Decisions,” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 123(2), 2014
- With H. Kappes and G. Oettingen, “Positive Fantasies Dampen Charitable Giving When Many Resources Are Demanded,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 23(1), 2013
- With A. Alter, “Financial Deprivation Prompts Consumers to Seek Scarce Goods,” Journal of Consumer Research, 39(3), 2012
- With S. Tully and C. Cryder, "Not All Debt is Created Equal: Financial Well-being and Debt Preferences Depend on Debt Form"
- With S. Tully and X. Wang, "Effects of Resource Scarcity on Choices"
- With S. Tully and G. Appel, "Seeking the Extraordinary: Financial Well-being and Interest in Superheroes"
Selected Research in Progress
- With S. Blanchard, "On monetary flows"
- With R. Hill, "Consumer vulnerability"
- With U. Karmarkar, "Money on the brain"
- With P. Keller, A. Paley, and S. Tully, “Subjective wealth and receptiveness to price deals”
- With R. Meyer and S. Tully, “Utility of purchases”
- With V. Morwitz, J. Klein, and A. John, “Proactive charitable giving”
- With S. Santana, "On savings"
- With S. Tully “On subjective wealth”